Welcome to Athens, the city where legend and history are integrated. Underneath Attica lies the layers of civilization, rooted in the mists of time, in the era of the birth of mankind. Now it’s a modern megapolis, which had periods of prosperity and decay, splendor and humiliation.
CLASSICAL GREECE 2210€
ANTIQUITY TO BYZANTIUM 1050€
JEWELS OF THE CYCLADES 1785€
DELPHI & METEORA 176€
A FEW WORDS ABOUT ATHENS
Athens, the heart of Greece, dominates the peninsula of Attica – a valley bordered by sea and mountains. Here one can combine sightseeing of Greek capital with relax at beautiful resorts in the suburbs of Athens, extending from Glyfada up to Cape Sounion, with Temple of Poseidon.
The city was named after the goddess Athena about the late XVI – early the XV century BC. The legend says, the God of the Seas Poseidon and Athena the goddess of Wisdom and Skill contest in patronage of the city state. The gods presented themselves in front of the court, who asked from them to bring a gift truly valuable for Athens. Poseidon first struck the rock powerfully and created a stream of seawater with his trident. Next Athena struck her spear into the ground and an olive tree grew on this place, as a symbolization of peace and prosperity on earth. The gods were very impressed by Athena’s gift so she was given the power over the city and the city was named after her, known as Athens.
VISIT WHILE IN ATHENS
- Ancient Theatre of Dionysos
- Odeon of Herodes Atticus
- The Areopagus
- Ancient Agora
- Roman Agora
- New Acropolis Museum
- Spata (Athens Airport)Athens International airport “Eleftherios Venizelos”, has gained from fits first day and throughout its years of operation on all levels of its activity, with 36 awards and distinctions. Athens International Airport is located in Spata, 27 kilometers north-east of Athens and here all international and domesticl flights are operated. The nearest hotel to airport, located on the sea, in the town of Vravrona, is called Dolce Attica Riviera.
- East Coast of Attica (Mati, Nea Makri)The modern resort villages of Nea Makri, Mati are located 35-40 km north-east of Athens, in the area of the Marathon Valley, where in the far 490 BC. the famous Marathon battle took place. It’s a pleasant place for rest. The port of Rafina, located close to these resorts, is the second largest in Attica. Through the strait one can see one of the largest Greek islands – Euboea, where you can make a one-day trip. Athens is about an hour drive by a bus.
- Athenian Riviera (Faliro, Glyfada, Kavouri, Vouliagmeni)On the southern edge of the Greek capital lies the alluring Apollo Coast, also known as the Athenian Riviera. Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, Voula – these areas are popular due its closeness to Athens. Glyfada, is an energetic shopping center where boutique stores are sprinkled between cafes, restaurants, taverns and bars.You can enjoy public or private beaches, sunbathing and bathing, and only in half an hour already admire the amazing sunset from the Likavitos hill These three districts – make up the Athenian Riviera, which stretches for 70 km from Athens to Cape Sounio: yacht clubs, charming beaches, comfortable hotels, traditional Greek taverns, nightclubs.Whether you are to hit the beaches and nightclubs, or to explore historic sights, the Athenian Riviera offers plenty of attractions for any taste. Varkiza
A resort, 25 km from the Greek capital (towards Cape Sounio). In Varkiza, one of the biggest sandy beaches on the coast and a convenient bus connection with Athens.
On the green Lagonissi peninsula, 40 km of the Athens-Sounio highway, and only 20 km from the new airport, located the luxurious hotel Grand Resort Lagonissi. As well there are plenty of fashionable villas here.
A small town 50 km from Athens. Beaches here are not so crowded, the water is extra clean and the scenery beautiful. Anavissos is famous for variety of simple fish taverns overlooking the sea.
Cape Sounion, is the southern point of Attica, where the Temple of Poseidon was built in honor of the god of the sea. The well-known hotel Grecotel Cape Sounio is also located here.
The city of Loutraki, located on the shore of the Corinthian Gulf, 85 km from Athens – the famous balneological resort and simply a very beautiful town. Since the beginning of this century, therapeutic water Loutraki has become a symbol of a healthy lifestyle. The health some effect of Loutraki water have been known since ancient times. Today modern equipment makes it possible to prevent, treat and rejuvenate the body. The hydrotherapeutic complex “Loutraki Thermal Spa” operates all year-round. It is a super modern space, with unique experience in body and face treatments, with Loutraki’s world famous thermal water.
In Loutraki there are two types of treatment:
1) mineral water treatment: atypical digestive disorders, chronic gastritis with low acidity, colitis, chronic constipation, diarrhea, primary and secondary gastritis, bulbits, chronic proctitis, biliary dyskinesia, cholelithiasis, chronic cholecystitis, urolithiasis, pre and post surgery treatment in diseases of the urinary tract, the final stages of glomerulonephritis, gout, urinary tract infections.
2) baths treatment: chronic rheumatic diseases, myositis, consequences of trauma, myalgia, joint pain, chronic arthrosis, chronic inflammatory diseases of the joints, post surgery treatment, hemorrhythmic, eczema, ichthyosis, skin inflammatory diseases, seborrhea, neurodermatitis, psoriasis, allergic skin diseases, vascular diseases of the skin, gynecological diseases, neuralgia, neuritis, paradontosis, whites.